List Building is one of the top skills you need to master to be successful online. And you do want to be successful online, right?
So here are a few randomly strategic thoughts and tips for building a list community.
Random Thoughts about List Building
- Notice that two sentences ago I used the phrase “list community.” Why did I do that? Because your list is not a simple list of email addresses. Your list is a list community, made up of real people with real minds and hearts.
- Does size matter? Well, yes and no. Of course you want your list to be as large as you can grow it. At the same time, don’t fall for the trap that says your list has to be a certain size in order for you to start your business. Every single list started with one.
- What would you rather have? A list of 100,000 names that are not very responsive to you, or a list of 1,000 who are hyper-responsive to you, buying just about everything you offer? Just in case you are wondering, the correct answer is 1,000 hyper-responsive people.
- ABLB stands for Always Be List Building. You want to build your list both online and offline. When you go to events you can hand out cards that include a web address where someone can go and get something free from you in exchange for your address.
- When it comes to your opt in page, the less you ask for the more you get. How’s that again? Don’t ask for too much information when asking someone to join your list. First name and email address, or just email address will do just fine.
- But what if you want more information from them? Get it later, in a follow up email or auto-responder. Remember, the less you ask for the more you get.
- When you take good care of your list community, your list community will take great care of you.
- Want more people to join your list community? Offer them something for free that is so cool they respond with “I gotta have that!” No one wants another newsletter subscription. Give them something they can use right away that solves a pressing problem for your prospect.
- You’ve heard it said a thousand times online: “the money is in the list.” I’m here to tell you that is not true, unless all you want to do is pound your list with an offer every day until they unsubscribe. The reality is the money, and so much more, is in your relationship with your list community.
Bonus Tip One of the best ways to attract highly qualified prospect into your list community is with your content. So now you can claim Your Free Instant Access to one of my most powerful Content Creation Templates when you visit http://ContentCreationTemplate.com
You’ll get the powerful 3 Mistakes Content Creation Template and get to look over my shoulder to see profitable content created with the template.